This is working now. I think the main issue was simply that 'DHCP' needs to be upper case. Other things I noticed were that the script takes about 1 minute to complete, the LED's do NOT go off (even after about an hour) and the mango needs to be rebooted (it does not need a reboot when changing to a fixed IP address).
Oh well, I'm sorry but I take it back, seems like we can't stop the loop, even with the Log4j approach we are still getting thousands of events. More than 24,000 in a couple of hours. Most of them are like this:
ERROR 2019-10-29T11:44:19,621 (com.infiniteautomation.mango.slack.event.SlackMessageEventHandlerRT.postMessage:145) - Slack message failed to send java.net.ConnectException: ratelimited at com.ullink.slack.simpleslackapi.impl.SlackWebSocketSessionImpl.connectImpl(SlackWebSocketSessionImpl.java:338) ~[?:?] at com.ullink.slack.simpleslackapi.impl.SlackWebSocketSessionImpl.connect(SlackWebSocketSessionImpl.java:292) ~[?:?] at com.infiniteautomation.mango.slack.event.SlackMessageEventHandlerRT.postMessage(SlackMessageEventHandlerRT.java:122) ~[?:?] at com.infiniteautomation.mango.slack.event.SlackMessageEventHandlerRT.eventRaised(SlackMessageEventHandlerRT.java:67) ~[?:?] at com.serotonin.m2m2.rt.EventManagerImpl.handleRaiseEvent(EventManagerImpl.java:1048) ~[mango-3.6.4.jar:?] at com.serotonin.m2m2.rt.EventManagerImpl.raiseEvent(EventManagerImpl.java:243) ~[mango-3.6.4.jar:?] at com.serotonin.m2m2.rt.event.detectors.PointEventDetectorRT.raiseEvent(PointEventDetectorRT.java:43) ~[mango-3.6.4.jar:?] at com.serotonin.m2m2.rt.event.detectors.PointChangeDetectorRT.pointChanged(PointChangeDetectorRT.java:54) ~[mango-3.6.4.jar:?] at com.serotonin.m2m2.rt.dataImage.DataPointRT$EventNotifyWorkItem.execute(DataPointRT.java:817) ~[mango-3.6.4.jar:?] at com.serotonin.m2m2.rt.maint.BackgroundProcessingImpl$RejectableWorkItemRunnable.run(BackgroundProcessingImpl.java:632) ~[mango-3.6.4.jar:?] at com.serotonin.timer.Task.runTask(Task.java:179) ~[mango-3.6.4.jar:?] at com.serotonin.timer.TaskWrapper.run(TaskWrapper.java:23) ~[mango-3.6.4.jar:?] at com.serotonin.timer.OrderedThreadPoolExecutor$OrderedTaskCollection.run(OrderedThreadPoolExecutor.java:336) ~[mango-3.6.4.jar:?] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) ~[?:1.8.0_172] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) ~[?:1.8.0_172] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_172]
Couldn't find out what is triggering these changes that raise the event detector.
Tried turning off the "Error" data point but now the "Warning" one is also sending weird messages, like this one:
We are getting this message when we try to edit the Log4j data points in the old UI (so we can access the event detectors and the purge now button). Explanation below:
Strangely, when we try to edit the data source in the old UI, the "Data points" tab is not existent inside the data source. So I look for the points in the global "Data points" tab, where all data points appear, I filter them by name to find the Log4j Slack Messages Data Points, but most times, when I click the edit (pencil) button on any of the 4 data points, I only get the above "Warning" message in Slack and this same message on a blue box in the old UI:
Error: Tried to register widget with id==chartRendererSelect but that id is already registered
It works super randomly; I seldom get to edit the data point. It's a strange behaviour, something I never saw before with any other data source. I did add the line @terrypacker suggested in the log4j2.xml, inside the loggers section, and restarted it btw.
If you open the browser's developer tools, you can see the actual request being made has a "fields" property in the POST payload. If you were to make the rest request for the data yourself, you could modify what fields are in the resulting response.
Alas I do not believe tags are currently available to be included as an available field, though.
I spent quite a bit of time on issues already which where incomplete or missed critical info. For example, the help pages for egauge, egauge datapoint, Environment Canada Data Point, ""Environment Canada"", M Bus, and M Bus datapoint simply went AWOL..
I will check up on those. I am not sure that the Environment Canada DS is still supported, it is a very niche data source that can easily be replaced with a HTTP data source.
Upon a screenshare with Fox, we discovered there were \n and null characters in the incoming bytes that were not being matched and consumed by the serial data source, which caused the data source to seize up when these characters started clogging the buffer. A combination of rewriting the regex and preventing the nulls from transmitting brought this issue resolution!
Edit: A similar issue happened again after I proclaimed resolution. This led me to a concurrency bug in the virtual serial server socket.
Perhaps, I can't say what the original intention was. To me, it seems like it was for a new meta point, where you enabled it at some time and it begun to acquire data, then you can generate history without having to figure out when you enabled the point.