I assume you are running 2 publishers on the same port with different slave IDs?
Two publishers each on port 502, different Slave IDs.
I would expect some blocking to occur but it should only be temporary in this case. Can you confirm this or is this deadlock that does not go away?>
Please see the screenshot – after being left to run it locks up and runs out of memory.
- How many points are being published on each publisher
Each publisher has about 60 Points.
- How frequently are the published points being updated
The original was updating at 5 minutes for the one publisher, and 1 second for the other.
- What type of points are the queues growing for? All Meta points or various data source types?
Various points types have growing queues - meta, modbus IP & virtual
- Is the publish attribute changes setting checked on either publisher?
No, but the update event is set to all.
- Are you seeing any events raised for the publishers?
- The publisher queue has exceeded x entries
- In the logs I have previously seen a publisher slave error message.
- What are the meta scripts doing? Is it possible that you are setting a published point's value that is a context point on another meta point that is then setting the value on that same published point effectively triggering a loop?
The Meta Points perform basic statistical calculations i.e. min max std average. The one publisher publishes these points and the raw value they were calculated from, which would be the context point for the calculated value.