Please Note This forum exists for community support for the Mango product family and the Radix IoT Platform. Although Radix IoT employees participate in this forum from time to time, there is no guarantee of a response to anything posted here, nor can Radix IoT, LLC guarantee the accuracy of any information expressed or conveyed. Specific project questions from customers with active support contracts are asked to send requests to support@radixiot.com.

Radix IoT Website Mango 3 Documentation Website Mango 4 Documentation Website

  • One of my custom pages disappeared. It is not in the drop down to pick from Dashboard designer, nor Edit pages. It is gone from the "Choose a custom page * " on the Edit menu item window.

    The page itself loads and functions. Is there a way to look at history of some sort to see how it got deleted? and also a way to retentive it? This is on a site we finished a couple months back and have not edit anything. I just went back to look at something regarding one of the issues I posted about trendline chart dragging.


  • Hi sbaik,

    I suspect it is missing from the "UI Pages" item in the jsonData table. I suspect if you navigate to /ui/administration/json-store you could find the information about the lost page in that table, and then edit it into the UI Pages item (if indeed it is missing), adding a,

            {
                "xid": "your-page-xid",
                "name": "Your page name",
                "editPermission": "edit-ui-pages",
                "readPermission": "user"
            }
    

    to the list.


  • @phildunlap
    That worked! Thank you for all the help with everything Phil.

    Any idea why this happened?


  • You are welcome.

    I can't say for sure from what I know. One easy way to get the JSON data table messed up would be importing a full configuration backup that had an outdated jsonData section. There may also be some way of causing it by having lots of portals open to the UI and editing intermittently between them, I'm not sure. Do you remember anything about what happened prior to it being caused that could suggest how it happened?


  • @sbaik What version of the UI module are you using? There definitely was a problem with this in older versions.

    If there are multiple users/windows/tabs that are editing pages at one time and the websockets are not working this could also happen. Are you accessing Mango over the internet? Is it running on HTTPS?


  • @phildunlap @Jared-Wiltshire
    I definitely had a ton of tabs open editting while seeing the result on the other tab. That explains it. Although I haven't made any edits to this in a while, I may have just now realized one was missing as I was trying to recreate the other issue of not changing between pages that I have on the other project.

    I am not using HTTPS. Using Mango v3.4.4 on Chrome now, forgot what it was before but it wasn't updated for quite some time.


  • @sbaik said in Custom Page disappeared:

    Using Mango v3.4.4 on Chrome now, forgot what it was before but it wasn't updated for quite some time.

    I'm pretty sure we fixed this issue in something like Mango 3.2 so if you are on 3,4 it must be something slightly different.

    @sbaik said in Custom Page disappeared:

    I definitely had a ton of tabs open editting while seeing the result on the other tab.

    Its not really an issue if you have lots of tabs open. The potential is there though if you have multiple tabs open editing the page and hit save in two different places. It shouldn't happen but the potential is there. I might a have to rethink how this works.


  • @jared-wiltshire said in Custom Page disappeared:

    I'm pretty sure we fixed this issue in something like Mango 3.2 so if you are on 3,4 it must be something slightly different.

    I believe it was on an earlier version than 3.2. Perhaps it was deleted before I updated to 3.4 last week and just noticed it after. Not too concerned as long as the json data doesn't disappear with it.


  • @sbaik said in Custom Page disappeared:

    I believe it was on an earlier version than 3.2. Perhaps it was deleted before I updated to 3.4 last week and just noticed it after.

    Ah OK, that's probably it then. I feel confident we fixed the issue, let me know if you see anything odd again.