Please Note This forum exists for community support for the Mango product family and the Radix IoT Platform. Although Radix IoT employees participate in this forum from time to time, there is no guarantee of a response to anything posted here, nor can Radix IoT, LLC guarantee the accuracy of any information expressed or conveyed. Specific project questions from customers with active support contracts are asked to send requests to support@radixiot.com.

Radix IoT Website Mango 3 Documentation Website Mango 4 Documentation Website

Remote view on a diverent server


  • Hi,

    i made a graphical presentation as an example.
    I want to have the presentation on a webserver and not at the mango server at home.
    i tried to locate the public_view.htm and copy that to a webserver with ftp.
    I could not locate the public_view.htm and some thing inside me thinks its not the correct way to do.

    Does anyone know how to do this ?

    Kind regards
    Sprokkie


  • Hi Sprokkie,

    The public view always really lives on the Mango server. Where else would it get data from? You can reference a public view on another server by pointing an iframe to it. See the bottom of the help page (the question mark in the menu) for more information.


  • @mlohbihler said:

    Hi Sprokkie,

    The public view always really lives on the Mango server. Where else would it get data from? You can reference a public view on another server by pointing an iframe to it. See the bottom of the help page (the question mark in the menu) for more information.

    My idea was to update the page on a different server once each 5 minutes or so.
    For my personal use i can log on to the mango server, its for public views
    i dont want to have the traffic here at home.

    an update each 5 minutes wil do, i know more solarwater heaters who update the status each 5 min.

    just a copy of the page wil do


  • You want Mango to overwrite a web page on another server every 5 minutes? Sorry, Mango won't do that for you - you'll have to craft up a script or something. If the other site has a database you can have Mango update that, and then write some PHP or whatever present the values.


  • @mlohbihler said:

    You want Mango to overwrite a web page on another server every 5 minutes? Sorry, Mango won't do that for you - you'll have to craft up a script or something. If the other site has a database you can have Mango update that, and then write some PHP or whatever present the values.

    If i know what page to copy, i can schedule a ftp command.
    i cannot find public_view.html

    where is it located ?


  • Hi Sprokkie,

    Maybe you should run mango on the webserver (in addition to your home server).

    You could set up a publisher to publish the data from your home mango instance to the remote webserver mango instance.

    Alternatively, you could create a 'custom view' .jsp file on your home server mango instance, and download that to your remote webserver with a program like wget.

    From the 1.8 changelog:

    "Custom view pages
    A new approach to creating views has been added to Mango. Now you can create your own custom view pages using simple JSP tags. Simply create a JSP page in the Mango file system, and within your HTML specify the points that you want displayed where you want them. You can also display compound charts with custom plot colours. And, using javascript you can write simple scripts to set point values as well."


  • i cannot find public_view.html

    That is a virtual url. It maps to a jsp that dynamically renders the page. But you couldn't use something like wget to copy that either since AJAX is used to complete the rendering and maintain the values after the page loads.

    Craig's ideas are good. You should look into one of those.


  • @craig said:

    Hi Sprokkie,

    Maybe you should run mango on the webserver (in addition to your home server).

    You could set up a publisher to publish the data from your home mango instance to the remote webserver mango instance.

    Alternatively, you could create a 'custom view' .jsp file on your home server mango instance, and download that to your remote webserver with a program like wget.

    From the 1.8 changelog:

    "Custom view pages
    A new approach to creating views has been added to Mango. Now you can create your own custom view pages using simple JSP tags. Simply create a JSP page in the Mango file system, and within your HTML specify the points that you want displayed where you want them. You can also display compound charts with custom plot colours. And, using javascript you can write simple scripts to set point values as well."

    Hi Craig.

    it looks like a good idea with the jsp file.
    i realy have no idea how to do that.

    do you have a hint for me

    sprokkie


  • Hi

    I think if you want to set this up you need Apache on your webserver and use that to feed off of Tomcat they are designed to work together. I have tried this but failed miserably and went back to just accessing tomcat.

    Cheers

    Keith


  • @craig said:

    Hi Sprokkie,

    Maybe you should run mango on the webserver (in addition to your home server).

    You could set up a publisher to publish the data from your home mango instance to the remote webserver mango instance.

    Alternatively, you could create a 'custom view' .jsp file on your home server mango instance, and download that to your remote webserver with a program like wget.

    From the 1.8 changelog:

    "Custom view pages
    A new approach to creating views has been added to Mango. Now you can create your own custom view pages using simple JSP tags. Simply create a JSP page in the Mango file system, and within your HTML specify the points that you want displayed where you want them. You can also display compound charts with custom plot colours. And, using javascript you can write simple scripts to set point values as well."

    Hi,

    when i try the view.jsp page i got this error

    DEBUG: DEPRECATED: dojo.widget.Manager.getImplementationName Could not locate widget implementation for "simplepoint" in "view.widget" registered to namespace "view". Developers must specify correct namespaces for all non-Dojo widgets -- will be removed in version: 0.5

    What did i fill in wrong ?
    i chanced the change me in the view-xid

    sprokkie


  • @craig said:

    Hi Sprokkie,

    Maybe you should run mango on the webserver (in addition to your home server).

    You could set up a publisher to publish the data from your home mango instance to the remote webserver mango instance.

    Alternatively, you could create a 'custom view' .jsp file on your home server mango instance, and download that to your remote webserver with a program like wget.

    From the 1.8 changelog:

    "Custom view pages
    A new approach to creating views has been added to Mango. Now you can create your own custom view pages using simple JSP tags. Simply create a JSP page in the Mango file system, and within your HTML specify the points that you want displayed where you want them. You can also display compound charts with custom plot colours. And, using javascript you can write simple scripts to set point values as well."

    i copied my file costumview.jsp to the webserver
    when i acces the file, i got a page where i could read the file.

    the page did not work.

    when i look in the file there are some other files neccesary

    here is the url

    http://mango.de1103.nl/costumview.jsp