We have a High limit event detector set up, and when we tested it (Put the limit below the current data point value) it fired off fine and generated the event as expected.
Last night the data point value went over the threshold for the first time. The event was created, but the timestamp was way off. For some reason the time stamp was future dated by 4 hours.
We use US/Eastern as our Mango timezone, so we're current 4 hours difference from GMT. It seems like the system thought the time was GMT and tried to do an adjustment to EDT making it off by 4 hours.
This never happened when we tested, and I tried some quick tests this morning to re-create it, but cannot. This event triggers texts to go out to a team of people, so because of the time difference we were getting texted every 30 seconds for the same thing.
Here's a quick screenshot of the list of events. As you can see the duration is -14.2K seconds, which means the 3:36am time stamp is 4 hours in the future. This actually triggered at 11:36am EDT, not 3:36am.
One thing to note is, as I said above, we do use US/Eastern as the Mango timezone in the env.properties file, but the server itself is on UTC/GMT. In testing event detectors this didn't seem to matter, but not certain.