Greetings Mango Users,
Mango Automation version 2.6.0 has been released. This is a major release with a lot of important changes and improvements. This release includes significant changes to user permission system and includes a powerful new Excel Reporting Module, read below for more details and the full list.
For more videos about new features click here.
Click here. for instructions and video on how to upgrade your existing systems.
Mango Admin and User Improvements
- New Internal Metric page displays detailed information on internal operation and memory usage.
- New Start-up extensions can be used to set memory settings for different sized systems.
- Added ability to set thread pools on system setting page. Important for very large installations.
- Added system settings to customs login page and other custom page locations.
- Upgraded user permissions to support user groups.
- New permission setting allows bulk permission setting of data points.
- Added permission options to control access to modules and features.
- Added template system for data point settings such as logging and text rendering options. When templates are updated changes are pushed to all points using the template.
- Added ability to export and import data points in csv format.
- The value of the data point is now included into the email fired from an event detector.
- Added ability to create Virtual comm ports on the system setting page.
- Added option to include system performance information and process thread list in a Event Handler email. Useful to collect diagnostics information in the event of a server performance issue.
- New code editor with syntax highlighting for meta data points and scripting data sources.
- New event detector for detecting smoothness. Useful for detecting a bad sensor or increased "noise" in a signal.
- Multiple important security vulnerabilities resolve.
New Developer Features
- Added ability to override web.xml via placing a modified file at overrides/web/web.xml
- Added ability to enhance the base web.xml by placing override-web.xml into overrides/web/override-web.xml
- Added new Module Element Definitions for Templates, Rest Models and Rest JSON deserialization so new Modules can leverage these features
- Added ability for Data Source modules to allow exporting of their data points as CSV and JSON
- Added new states for Modules to use: Install and Upgrade
- Improved Scripting functionality by streamlining old system and adding new Utilities for Data Point and Data Source management
- Integration of RQL parsing via AST
- Various security enhancements
- Upgrade AmCharts to 3.17.2
- Improved reliability of scripts to stop and start Mango
- Upgraded startup/shutdown/restart scripts to log to logs/ma-script.log
Enterprise NoSQL Database Improvements
- Added Incremental Backup options and restore tool
- various bugs fixed
- Greatly improved corruption scan speed and added multi threading options
- Greatly improved backup and purge speeds
- Upgrade library to capture bugfix for backdate posting and performance improvements to backdate posting.
- Adding System settings for adjusting corruption scan threads.
BACnet Data Source and Publisher
- Upgraded to work with core version 2.6.0
- Adding Mango API model support
- Adding SerialUID's to the point locators, on module start existing UIDs are replaced with -1.
- Changed COV subscription IDs to use the data point ID instead of incrementing counter.
- Upgraded BACnet4J to 3.1.2
- Fix for BACnet error "Cannot send a request in the socket listener thread."
Persistent TCP Data Source and Publisher
- Added sync range count request timeout setting for publisher
- Added logic to publisher to allow reconnecting syncs even if the connection is terminated
- Added a column for the date/time that all data points are synced to on the edit page
- Improved sync from time tracking accuracy within the sync handler
- Added Device Name column to points list
- Bugfix to ensure that the new sync from time gets set and the publisher does not have to be re-started.
- Bugfix where not every point was getting the sync from time set on the page.
- Added ability to set the sync from time on the edit page.
- Added socket timeout setting
- Added test connection period setting
- Added sync response timeout setting
Modbus Data Source and Publisher
- Added ability to use multiple types of modbus registers such as 2 byte Int or 4 byte float.
- Fixed bug on Data Source page where adding a point via the tool would not work.
- Adding additional publisher options for publishing Numeric points as Integers and 4 byte floats.
- Upgrading Modbus4j to 3.0.0 to be able to adjust message timing, and reduce dependencies
- Adding settings to override the Modbus4j default message timing settings
- Added documentation for API
- New examples for API version 2.0
- Upgraded to work with core version 2.6.x
- Modified RealTimeModel to use 'timestamp' instead of 'time' for its timestamp
- Add RealtimeDataProvider and PointEventManager
- CAUTION: Removed persist path to allow full upgrade of module's web folder. Ensure any custom work is moved to the overrides folder in the core.
- To add new files to this module place them in the core/overrides/web/modules/dashboards/web/ folder with an identical structure
- This is a powerful reporting module that allows you to use a Excel document as a template for reports. Mango will automatically insert data into the document and optionally email it to you on a schedule. Learn more.Learn more
Measurlogic DTS Cell Data Source
- Data Source to receive energy data sent from a Measurlogic cellular energy meter.
eGauge Data Source
- Data Source Module to poll data from eGauge energy meter including history sync.
Data Point Detail View
- New HTML5 page for viewing data point details. Includes amChart with roll up and interval options for chart.