Please Note This forum exists for community support for the Mango product family and the Radix IoT Platform. Although Radix IoT employees participate in this forum from time to time, there is no guarantee of a response to anything posted here, nor can Radix IoT, LLC guarantee the accuracy of any information expressed or conveyed. Specific project questions from customers with active support contracts are asked to send requests to support@radixiot.com.

Radix IoT Website Mango 3 Documentation Website Mango 4 Documentation Website

• Getting this exception when trying to log in Mango. The error message is listed below.

System exception!

The server has experienced an exception processing your last request. The exception has been logged, and system administrators will be notified of this problem. You may continue to use the site. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The problem happens a few times.

Could someone know how to fix the problem.

Thanks !

• Check your tomcat console or log files for more descriptive error messages.

• The detail error messages are listed below.

System exception!

The server has experienced an exception processing your last request. The exception has been logged, and system administrators will be notified of this problem. You may continue to use the site. We apologize for the inconvenience.

org.springframework.dao.RecoverableDataAccessException: PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [select id, username, password, email, phone, admin, disabled, homeUrl, lastLogin, receiveAlarmEmails, receiveOwnAuditEvents from users where lower(username)=lower(?)]; The last packet successfully received from the server was105654 milliseconds ago.The last packet sent successfully to the server was 105658 milliseconds ago, which is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The last packet successfully received from the server was105654 milliseconds ago.The last packet sent successfully to the server was 105658 milliseconds ago, which is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.
    at org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLExceptionSubclassTranslator.doTranslate(SQLExceptionSubclassTranslator.java:98)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:72)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:80)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:602)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:636)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:665)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:673)
    at com.serotonin.db.spring.ExtendedJdbcTemplate.queryForObject(ExtendedJdbcTemplate.java:48)
    at com.serotonin.db.DaoUtils.queryForObject(DaoUtils.java:215)
    at com.serotonin.m2m2.db.dao.UserDao.getUser(UserDao.java:36)
    at com.serotonin.m2m2.web.mvc.controller.LoginController.onSubmit(LoginController.java:79)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleFormController.processFormSubmission(SimpleFormController.java:272)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractFormController.handleRequestInternal(AbstractFormController.java:268)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:790)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:719)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:644)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:560)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
    at com.serotonin.web.filter.CharacterSetFilter.doFilter(CharacterSetFilter.java:37)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:938)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
    at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
    Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The last packet successfully received from the server was105654 milliseconds ago.The last packet sent successfully to the server was 105658 milliseconds ago, which is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:532)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:1074)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.send(MysqlIO.java:3270)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1932)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2101)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2554)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:1761)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1912)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:99)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate$1.doInPreparedStatement(JdbcTemplate.java:643)
    at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:586)
    ... 35 more
    Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:109)
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:153)
    at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:82)
    at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:140)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.send(MysqlIO.java:3251)
    ... 43 more

REQUEST URL
    http://70.136.253.131:8080/exception/error.jsp

REQUEST PARAMETERS
    username=greentraks
    password=greentraks

REQUEST HEADERS
    Host=70.136.253.131:8080
    Connection=keep-alive
    User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.57 Safari/536.11
    Accept=text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,/;q=0.8
    Referer=http://70.136.253.131:8080/login.htm
    Accept-Encoding=gzip,deflate,sdch
    Accept-Language=en-US,en;q=0.8
    Accept-Charset=ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3
    Cookie=JSESSIONID=u22booykdzyw
    Content-Length=39
    Cache-Control=max-age=0
    Origin=http://70.136.253.131:8080
    Content-Type=application/x-www-form-urlencoded

REQUEST ATTRIBUTES
    instanceDescription=My ICI Analytics
    javax.servlet.forward.request_uri=/login.htm
    org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.THEME_SOURCE=WebApplicationContext for namespace 'springDispatcher-servlet': startup date [Thu May 24 12:52:28 PDT 2012]; parent: Root WebApplicationContext
    org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.THEME_RESOLVER=org.springframework.web.servlet.theme.FixedThemeResolver@68042f
    org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.CONTEXT=WebApplicationContext for namespace 'springDispatcher-servlet': startup date [Thu May 24 12:52:28 PDT 2012]; parent: Root WebApplicationContext
    javax.servlet.forward.context_path=
    javax.servlet.error.status_code=500
    javax.servlet.error.exception_type=class org.springframework.dao.RecoverableDataAccessException
    javax.servlet.error.servlet_name=springDispatcher
    NEW_ID=-1
    availableLanguages=[]
    org.springframework.web.servlet.HandlerMapping.pathWithinHandlerMapping=/login.htm
    lang=en
    org.mortbay.jetty.error_page=/exception/error.jsp
    javax.servlet.forward.servlet_path=/login.htm
    javax.servlet.error.message=PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [select id, username, password, email, phone, admin, disabled, homeUrl, lastLogin, receiveAlarmEmails, receiveOwnAuditEvents from users where lower(username)=lower(?)]; The last packet successfully received from the server was105654 milliseconds ago.The last packet sent successfully to the server was 105658 milliseconds ago, which is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The last packet successfully received from the server was105654 milliseconds ago.The last packet sent successfully to the server was 105658 milliseconds ago, which is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.
    org.springframework.web.servlet.HandlerMapping.bestMatchingPattern=/login.htm
    javax.servlet.error.exception=org.springframework.dao.RecoverableDataAccessException: PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [select id, username, password, email, phone, admin, disabled, homeUrl, lastLogin, receiveAlarmEmails, receiveOwnAuditEvents from users where lower(username)=lower(?)]; The last packet successfully received from the server was105654 milliseconds ago.The last packet sent successfully to the server was 105658 milliseconds ago, which is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The last packet successfully received from the server was105654 milliseconds ago.The last packet sent successfully to the server was 105658 milliseconds ago, which is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.
    javax.servlet.error.request_uri=/login.htm
    org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.LOCALE_RESOLVER=org.springframework.web.servlet.i18n.SessionLocaleResolver@eaaeff

SESSION ATTRIBUTES

CONTEXT ATTRIBUTES
    constants.AuditEventType.TYPE_DATA_POINT=DATA_POINT
    com.sun.jsp.tagFileJarUrlsCache={}
    org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.CONTEXT.springDispatcher=WebApplicationContext for namespace 'springDispatcher-servlet': startup date [Thu May 24 12:52:28 PDT 2012]; parent: Root WebApplicationContext
    constants.Permissions.DataPointAccessTypes.DATA_SOURCE=3
    constants.SystemEventType.TYPE_EMAIL_SEND_FAILURE=EMAIL_SEND_FAILURE
    constants.SystemEventType.TYPE_USER_LOGIN=USER_LOGIN
    DwrContainer=org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultContainer@1870176
    WatchListDwr=com.serotonin.m2m2.watchlist.WatchListDwr@7111bd
    constants.SystemEventType.TYPE_PROCESS_FAILURE=PROCESS_FAILURE
    constants.EventType.EventTypeNames.PUBLISHER=PUBLISHER
    EventsDwr=com.serotonin.m2m2.web.dwr.EventsDwr@143bdae
    constants.DataTypes.IMAGE=5
    EmportDwr=com.serotonin.m2m2.web.dwr.EmportDwr@5a05d3
    constants.Permissions.DataPointAccessTypes.READ=1
    PointHierarchyDwr=com.serotonin.m2m2.watchlist.hierarchy.PointHierarchyDwr@349a4b
    org.springframework.web.context.support.ServletContextScope=org.springframework.web.context.support.ServletContextScope@17ded87
    constants.EventType.EventTypeNames.DATA_POINT=DATA_POINT
    constants.SystemEventType.TYPE_SYSTEM_STARTUP=SYSTEM_STARTUP
    SystemSettingsDwr=com.serotonin.m2m2.web.dwr.SystemSettingsDwr@754f59
    constants.Permissions.DataPointAccessTypes.NONE=0
    constants.Common.NEW_ID=-1
    DataSourceListDwr=com.serotonin.m2m2.web.dwr.DataSourceListDwr@1ac616c
    javax.servlet.ServletConfig=org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder$Config@3007a5
    constants.Permissions.DataPointAccessTypes.ADMIN=4
    constants.UserComment.TYPE_EVENT=1
    org.directwebremoting.WebContextFactory$WebContextBuilder=org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultWebContextBuilder@1460bca
    constants.AuditEventType.TYPE_POINT_EVENT_DETECTOR=POINT_EVENT_DETECTOR
    constants.EventType.EventTypeNames.AUDIT=AUDIT
    constants.EventType.EventTypeNames.SYSTEM=SYSTEM
    constants.DataTypes.MULTISTATE=2
    org.directwebremoting.impl.ServerContext=org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultServerContext@1b0236e
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet=org.directwebremoting.servlet.DwrServlet@e64c40
    MiscDwr=com.serotonin.m2m2.web.dwr.MiscDwr@1980043
    javax.servlet.context.tempdir=/tmp/Jetty_0_0_0_0_8080_web____uv1e71
    com.sun.jsp.taglibraryCache=EXCEPTION in String.valueOf: null
    DataPointDetailsDwr=com.serotonin.m2m2.web.dwr.DataPointDetailsDwr@dacb2c
    constants.DataTypes.ALPHANUMERIC=4
    constants.SystemEventType.TYPE_MAX_ALARM_LEVEL_CHANGED=MAX_ALARM_LEVEL_CHANGED
    org.directwebremoting.ContainerList=[org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultContainer@1870176]
    constants.SystemEventType.TYPE_SET_POINT_HANDLER_FAILURE=SET_POINT_HANDLER_FAILURE
    constants.DataTypes.BINARY=1
    org.directwebremoting.Container=org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultContainer@1870176
    org.springframework.web.context.WebApplicationContext.ROOT=Root WebApplicationContext: startup date [Thu May 24 12:52:25 PDT 2012]; root of context hierarchy
    constants.EventType.EventTypeNames.DATA_SOURCE=DATA_SOURCE
    constants.SystemEventType.TYPE_LICENSE_CHECK=LICENSE_CHECK
    jspx.1st.request=true
    constants.Permissions.DataPointAccessTypes.SET=2
    constants.AuditEventType.TYPE_EVENT_HANDLER=EVENT_HANDLER
    EventHandlersDwr=com.serotonin.m2m2.web.dwr.EventHandlersDwr@50b831
    clientSideMessages={js.help.lastUpdated=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@729293fd, js.help.error=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@f876c0, common.disabledToggle=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@d7f89333, header.mute=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@43df3cba, js.email.testSent=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@f59d9881, common.administrator=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@a467f3ea, js.help.related=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@3dce6ae3, common.sendTestEmail=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@8fd89c9f, js.email.noRecipForEmail=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@4b694592, common.enabledToggle=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@ea5c2f12, js.email.addAddress=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@cbb9a38a, header.unmute=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@d635aa93, js.email.addMailingList=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@6fa4a69f, common.alarmLevel.lifeSafety=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@1c71626, common.loading=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@cf5f0419, common.minimize=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@5d740b21, js.email.addUser=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@49cc77b5, common.maximize=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@c752a74f, js.email.noRecipients=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@d78563d2, common.user=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@8a9479ce, common.alarmLevel.none=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@223c1a70, common.access.set=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@a3e5309b, events.silence=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@8376c0ac, common.disabled=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@be9bfeff, common.access.read=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@d8bff83d, common.alarmLevel.critical=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@2b076d7, common.alarmLevel.info=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@2239cfe6, events.unsilence=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@29ad6533, common.alarmLevel.urgent=com.serotonin.m2m2.i18n.TranslatableMessage@8fa9c879}
    constants.SystemEventType.TYPE_SYSTEM_SHUTDOWN=SYSTEM_SHUTDOWN
    constants.UserComment.TYPE_POINT=2
    DataSourceEditDwr=com.serotonin.m2m2.web.dwr.DataSourceEditDwr@16cb5d9
    ModbusEditDwr=com.serotonin.m2m2.modbus.dwr.ModbusEditDwr@16d809
    constants.DataTypes.NUMERIC=3
    constants.AuditEventType.TYPE_DATA_SOURCE=DATA_SOURCE

• java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

Seems like Mango has a poor connection to your MySQL database. You should try to improve your network reliability.

• Testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property