MangoES vs. PC
I have a question. When it is recommended to move from MangoES box to a powerful PC?
And what are the limitation of the MangoES box the CPU or the RAM Memory?
When it is recommended to move from MangoES box to a powerful PC?
When you expect the load on the server to exceed what you find the ES to be capable of. From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ODROID#Specifications for the XU4,
CPU: Exynos 5422 Octa big.LITTLE ARM Cortex-A15 @ 2.0 GHz quad-core and Cortex-A7 quad-core CPUs Memory: 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM at 933 MHz (14.9 GB/s memory bandwidth) PoP stacked
This could be because
- You have several users opening analytical type dashboards at the same times (where they're just requesting graph after graph while using it).
- You have a very complex control algorithm / predictive analytics
- You need to run large reports
Past that, an ES, having less computing power than the prospective powerful computer, would be less forgiving with inefficiencies created in configuration, like
- Not using Websockets or the AngularJS dashboarding tools and directives for dashboards.
- Inefficient meta or scripting data source scripts.
To the root of the question, we usually would recommend adding another Mango (perhaps in the cloud) and then move the analytics and display responsibility onto that instance (so, publish all the data from the ES). Then the ES is certainly able to handle thousands of data points. It divides the user access for better distribution of the responsibilities of the system (leaving control unburdened with servicing user requests typically).